My blog moved!

I made the leap to Wordpress, another blog format :).
Follow along my journey at www.BiteMeBack.com
Thank you!

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Delish!

Sucks to have to do dressing changes on my PICC line, when I’m on vacation! No fair! I wish we could take a wee break and let my arm breathe, but obviously that can’t happen. The little end cap where you ‘plug-in’ a syringe wouldn’t come off yesterday, no matter how much Mum twisted. We went to a home nursing place this afternoon, and asked one of the nice nurses to help unscrew it. Thankfully they managed to get it off okay. I can’t imagine what we would have done if they couldn’t undo it. We also had yet another chance to talk to nurses about Lyme disease, an opportunity we never miss. The nurse’s sister had Lyme, so she was very understanding. I also got to show off my PICC line armbands to an appreciative audience…they thought it was a really cool idea. Maybe when I’m back home I can approach a home care centre about carrying the covers…that would be very cool, don’t you think?

Happy Vegan Food Day everyone. In honour of this very special day, we went to Kind Foods vegan/GF bakery with Gramma, and Mum of course. They were all sold out of cupcakes, but the cookies were delicious!! I also had the most amazing B.L.A.T (fake bac’un, lettuce, avocado and tomato) sandwich on fantastic wheat-free bread. The bac’un was indistinguishable from the real thing, from the texture to the taste. Sensational! Oh my. I could eat that every day, and I never really liked real bacon. WOWWOWWOW.

I have been feeling so hungry inside. It is not usual for me to feel odd sensations, or lack of, in my body, which changes as frequently as the battlefield of Lyme in my body. It is so odd to suddenly feel this way, after not wanting to eat for so long. But no complaints. I feel like gaining weight would make me feel better all-round.

No comments:

Post a Comment