My blog moved!

I made the leap to Wordpress, another blog format :).
Follow along my journey at www.BiteMeBack.com
Thank you!

Friday, January 08, 2010

Things that Supervened

A new year! Golly!

I wish I could tell you I had an epiphany, a moment of clear brightness, where all my problems were swept away in a neat, tight, fit-for-Hollywood ending, but alas, that is why I mentioned them in the context of being a movie ending. That sort of thing really only happens in movies.

No, to be honest, life snails forward as always. And I don't begrudge that. If wellness came in spurts, in quick little pinches, all your hard work would feel like it actually added up to something quantifiable in short terms. I like being able to look back over the rocky, mountains of the past and be able to say 'see? just there? it happened, it changed. now, why didn't I see that...?' if that makes any sense at all. I don't know. I'm having problems making sense a lot.

We went to the ER the other day to get my port needle changed. Now for those of you who aren't too clear on what a port is, or why we would have to go to the ER to get it changed, I am with you! The procedure take a grand total of about 5 minutes (including getting undress and dressed and small talk). We waited about 4 hours in the chemically-clean smelling ER for a doctor to OK the procedure, which is just done by an IV nurse. It is all very confusing.

I am beginning to feel the beginning of something a lot more like rational anger growing inside of me. Can you believe how ridiculous this is? How has my healthcare plan been terminated by the government? Why have Lyme patients been blacklisted and forced out the country like a 'communist'. Why are we turned away like Lepers to desolate islands?

With all the knowledge, it seems appallingly bold as brass of them (ie; the head jefe's- no body knows exactly who they are though...its a nest of nastiness to be sure.) to continentally stick by their stubborn 'the-earth-is-flat' speeches, even after Aristotle, Galileo, Magellan brought the truth to light.

It is shameful.

I hope that thought of all the sickness they have profiteered from keep them up at night.


“There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice.”
~Charles de Montesquieu 

No comments:

Post a Comment