My blog moved!

I made the leap to Wordpress, another blog format :).
Follow along my journey at www.BiteMeBack.com
Thank you!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Year.

31 556 926 Seconds. 525 986 Minutes. 8 766 Hours. 52 Weeks. 12 Months. 1 Year.

What? Is it that time again already? Have we really already travelled around the sun? Has it really been so long?

It sounds like a hell of a long time on paper. All those second...how can I fill them? All those week...what will happen? In January, my birthday feels forever away!

Despite what they say, I know time is much quicker than the clock would have you believe. It is prejudice.Math classes drag by, waiting for doctors seems like an age, but happiness flies by and before you know it, it has passes smoothly into a fond memory.

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder second feels like an hour. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein 
How can I reflect on a year? A blank slate, a bowl used to being filled with memories that is so shockingly empty. What can I but what other people have said? That I am progressing, but that I am, if you compare it in larger chunks. That sounds wonderful on paper, but my bones would have to strongly disagree.

It is an hour before the big 2010. When I was in grade 3, I first calculated when I would graduate, and the magic number 2010 and the phrase "Class of '10" has always put a smile on my face and filled me with the possibility of possibilities. It has become more to me now, it has become a mantra, and I try to focus on the knowledge that I will graduate this June. Hope.

My reflections on the year? Undoubtably good, undoubtably bad in places. I have grown up and grown wiser (hopefully). I have taken to heart the advise about learning lessons the hard way.

I await the New Year with great anticipation...an hour! and Hour!

I wish you all a very Happy New Year, and hopefully a happier and healthier year of next.

Good luck, and Good night.

1 comment:

  1. hi

    and in this past year you've returned home! you've improved and making progress that i'm even seeing (and i'm not very observent)! you have a new home and even more friends than when you left!

    we're so glad you're here with us and celebrating out grade 12 year!

    ~ Lisa xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete