My blog moved!

I made the leap to Wordpress, another blog format :).
Follow along my journey at www.BiteMeBack.com
Thank you!

Monday, December 14, 2009

Break Things

I'm in California. I have arrived. I actually thought I'd just curl up on the plane and stay there, travel the world on a Unite Express. Hopefully they were headed for the tropics. Somewhere where the sun blots out all the shadows, and tans excellently.

I was exhausted when I woke up this morning, which never bodes well for a busy day.

I had to transfer so many times today. House. Car. Out of Car. Bathroom. Airport Chair. Aisle Chair. Seat. Walk to the Bathroom. Back. Aisle Chair. Wheelchair. Car. Car. House.  I may have missed a few transfers there, but you get the general idea. Going up up up made me feel sick too, so nauseous. You know that feeling when you take of, and for a moment you get so heavy, before your weightless (it happens in elevators too)? That feeling drives me mad.

But we're in a hotel now. And its quiet now. And there is no moving. I feel so nervous about tomorrow. With a hand on my heart, I wonder what it will be like to have plastic under it, in just a few hours time. The idea makes me want to break things.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole,
    My name is Alex, I have been following your blog. I moved here from Vancouver BC in July. I got a port put in my arm. I am seeing Dr. Harris. I just wanted to let you know that the surgery is not bad at all. I was really nervous to get it done...but it was no big deal. I hope that puts your mind at ease (just a little bit). Hope all goes well :)

    ReplyDelete