My blog moved!

I made the leap to Wordpress, another blog format :).
Follow along my journey at www.BiteMeBack.com
Thank you!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Kilts, Kousins, and Kantats!

I miss the smell of wet kilts! Can you imagine missing such an awful smell! The girls used to say they smelled like owl pellets, but having never smelled them before, I cannot say for sure. They picked up the phrase after some out-week trip, and the expression sort of stuck. To me it smells kind of like if sheep had been out in the rain... Actually, my kilt is one of the acrylics, so you don't have that 'wet-kilt' smell. Sitting out on the grass, running through mud puddles, climbing things...life is just one big opportunity for a mess!

All this talk of wet kilts, and today was actually the first day without rain in several weeks. My cousin, of course, was ecstatic that there was a little sun...shes been here for nearly 2 weeks, and we haven't had a nice day at all. There was SUN, real, bright and warm (sort of) in the sky, a blue tinge to the grey clouds that suggested that there might be a sky above them.

I went to choir today. My big outing of the day...twenty-five (exhausting) minutes of singing. I love choir...it feels just like old times. It feels like I spent ALOT of time in that choir room, but I guess we just had practice very often...and all of my good friends are also in choir! I love taking back a little part of my life, one of my favorite parts, actually. Our christmas concert is soon...so excited. At least I know most of the words to those songs!

I'm pretty tired today. I feel like my brain is a little swollen, pressing painfully against my skull at the back. Or maybe I got hit with a hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment