My blog moved!

I made the leap to Wordpress, another blog format :).
Follow along my journey at www.BiteMeBack.com
Thank you!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Almost There

I am so tired today. The kind of tired that makes you want to curl up in a small ball at the end of your bed, and blissfully float through nothing. A fog that clouds your mind. A sound that fills you and leaves no room for energy. Have you felt this sort of tired? How do you lift the mist, see clearly through the fog with no light?

I did my Spanish exam today...I'm finished the course! And very pleased to say so. Didn't do to badly either, even for someone with half a brain... I'm proud of my self for finishing something, for having something to show for this time here...Its frustrating to have so much time, and no energy to do anything with it. I believe the term is listless...

We're going home on the 30th. I can't believe it. A part of my didn't actually think I'd be coming home. Its strange, to be finally so close to what I've wanted for a whole year...it doesn't seem fair that I will have no anticipation of the moment, that because I don't remember it will be like every other day today.

I don't trust to hope that home will be the same. I want to be able to step back into my old life, like a portal opening up from this time to the past. I want to step right through it and pick up the pieces as though no time has past.
But the catch is that so time has past for you, and no time has past for me.

3 comments:

  1. Thats great, about your spanish, and that you'll be going home soon!

    I hope when you come home, we'll be able to actually meet up (we've never actually met, though I live in Vic)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole!

    yeah things have changed a bit in Victoria, but most of it is still the same. you still have your same friends, our friendship with you hasn't changed, and GNS is still there (although we have a new artifical turf). but i get what you mean, things have changed a lot for you. you aren't able to do all the things u used to do. but soon you will.

    congrats on finishing your Spanish 11 course! thats a big thing out of the way!

    i'll see you thursday morning at the airport, with Jessica by my side! xoxoxo
    love you, you know that!

    ~ Lisa P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for you to come home!
    I really really really really really really can't wait!

    See you in a few!

    -Stray-ita

    ReplyDelete