My blog moved!

I made the leap to Wordpress, another blog format :).
Follow along my journey at www.BiteMeBack.com
Thank you!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rest & Recharge at the Lake

sunset on the lake
The sound of nothing couldn't feel better than after spending so long in Ottawa. We're at my Aunt and Uncle house on the lake, where it is so peaceful and calm. My Gramma is here too, so it's one big family gathering.  It's been forever (like...20 years? that's forever for me.), since Gramma has been to the lake, which was very special :).
the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence

The drive to the Lake is about 4 hours or so, but it's a beautiful trip once you get out of the city and into the countryside. Leafy green forest, lakes, fields, farms, and every now and again a small town. You know you're getting close though, when you pass this beautiful field of horses. It's so picturesquely pastoral, like they just jumped out of a post card, Mary Poppin's style. We had a very relaxing time. We did go to the Loch with Gramma and my Mum, a place I have vague memories of from when I was about 4. I remember they being ginormous, which I guess is because I was a smaller person then ;). The sky was a perfect blue with cotton-ball fluffy clouds, which reflected so magnificently into the still waters.
the lochs on a clear day
We went on a long walk in the bustling metropolis of Lakefield :P. So many amazing lakes in this area (it's called the lake district after all!). We even lucked upon a paved path, so it was easy for me too! I really really wanted to go swimming, and it was probably warm enough, but I'm kind of worn out after Ottawa. I'm going to need a long time to recover. I'm not as exhausted as I thought I would be though, which is the best kind of surprise!

I think we discovered a new mutant squirrel, which looks just like it was dipped in bleach. Hard to believe it's real, but seriously, this wee half-blonde squirrel looks like it had a bad dye job!
mutant squirrel!
the twins!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole. I don't know if you participate in the blog awards but either way I nominated you for the "Unique Leaves" award. :)
    http://connectivetissuedisorders.wordpress.com/2013/10/01/the-rose-of-kindness-and-unique-leaves-awards/
    Great blog,
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete