My blog moved!

I made the leap to Wordpress, another blog format :).
Follow along my journey at www.BiteMeBack.com
Thank you!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Seattle

Traveling bogs me down like nothing else. I can't think when there are so many sensory messages surrounding me...all of these new things, the sounds of everyone moving somewhere quickly, the texture of the sound of peoples clothes rubbing up against each other, the nauseating smell of meat and perfume everywhere, the way the cadence of someones voice fills your head and you cannot think, the repetitive shock waves of people shaking the floor around me, the constant adrenaline pumping through my veins courtesy of my hearts' 110 bpm.

We took the Clipper today over to Seattle, to see my doctor there. This has a feeling of routine...I forget normal people go to doctors in their hometowns haa. I don't like staying in hotels, because I always feel like they are very dirty and I start imagining how many people have stayed there and feel sick already. It will be worse on the plane, in a few days, when you get coughed on my every single person on the aircraft, compliments of the recycled air. I can't imagine being an astronaut...drinking recycled water and breathing recycled air all the time...wow. I guess you only choose that profession if its something you can get over. But at least there would be less germs in space. Whoa I must be really tired...my mind is wandering all over the place haa.

Unfortunately, its going to be super busy over the next few days. Tomorrow (euh) I'm supposed to see the doctor, who isn't too far away from here, thank goodness, and in two days time we are flying to San Francisco to see (I feel I'm becoming predictable) another doctor. Not something I'm looking forward to very much, but it might be nice to see some of my old friends if things don't get too crazy. I still am exhausted from that infection. Even small steps are so tiring that I want to stay in bed all day. No such luxury at the moment tho. I think as soon as I can, I am going to sleep a full 24 hours to catchup.

1 comment:

  1. How was the trip though? Not too overwhelming and claustrophobic I hope. I enjoy travelling, but the close proximity issues and germs I can definitely agree is not desirable. Were you able to see any old friends and neighbors? Hope you enjoyed going back to San Francisco while you could- tell me about it when you can! <3

    ReplyDelete