My blog moved!

I made the leap to Wordpress, another blog format :).
Follow along my journey at www.BiteMeBack.com
Thank you!

Friday, January 14, 2011

The Lyme-Flu

Sweating is absolutely disgusting. I feel so utterly drained, dehydrated and sticky. Ever fiber of me that is still connected with my drugged brain feels taut, tense and oddly like they have been roughly rubbed and stretched the wrong way, and the sinews broken and hastily knotted back together. I have spent the day alternatively sweating and cooling. The infuriating thing is I actually have an 'under' temperature of 98 F (36.6 C), which is actually higher than it usually is, but still .8 F below normal. I did have the other kind of fever earlier on in the day, but it seems to be all over now.

I started my afternoon feeling horrible. The terrible Lyme-related suffering creeps up on me very slowly, so that between the minutes I can feel myself slowly sliding into the anguish, before it engulfs me like boiling water. My body began to shake violently, and it was like I had been plunged into bitterly glacial water. After the shaking wound to a halt, I just rested for the day. My clothes are damp with sweat and I feel like I have been shaken upside down for awhile, the blood pounding in my temples. The feeling is like when I see blood, the feeling of going into shock, or the sensation of distance after you have lost a lot of blood. I need to rest now.

2 comments:

  1. :( sorry you are dealing with this right now.
    on a side-note, you write brilliantly, wow... keep writing, you have important things to say but also way of saying it that will truly captivate people into action. hang in there xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I am a Friend Of The Library at OCC

    ReplyDelete