My blog moved!

I made the leap to Wordpress, another blog format :).
Follow along my journey at www.BiteMeBack.com
Thank you!

Monday, July 05, 2010

The Writing Bug

Today turned out to be quite busy...but surprisingly very little was done. In the early afternoon, mum and I went to Butchart Gardens for a little bit, took a few snaps. It was brilliantly sunny out, and the suns rays tickled my face, and it felt so clean and peaceful. I see so little of it that it was a real treat. Simple pleasures are always the bestest, and most beloved.

Our schools seasonal magazine "Traditions" has asked me to do a small piece about my time at GNS, which is seriously awesome. I am very stoked...I love my school so much, and I'm very excited to share. I have just been trying to coordinate the details of the article and desperately trimming of the excess words to fit within the word-count! I just finished them today...phew! I just found out it was due so soon less than a week ago, so I have been scrambling, not like I found the subject difficult or anything. When the issue is published, I'll post a link to it here :D.

Still in its batter-y stage. Still delicious.
Yesterday, Mum made the most perfect vegan/gluten-free/sugar-free chocolate-chip banana bread, a recipe from the Babycakes NYC cookbook. It turned out so fantastically. An instant classic. It calls for 6 bananas in the recipe, because they are used as an egg substitute too, so that leads to an intense banana flavor. Wowzer.

1 comment:

  1. Looks absolutely delicious! I'd love to get the recipe as I have to stay away from gluten products as well -and I LOVE bananas.

    -the downstairs guy.

    PS Congratulations on the writing gig.

    ReplyDelete