My blog moved!

I made the leap to Wordpress, another blog format :).
Follow along my journey at www.BiteMeBack.com
Thank you!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Asleep at the Wheel

I am so tired today. When I was woken up this morning, I simply couldn't get up. I felt I could have slept all day, not peacefully, but simply lounged around in bed all day. Yah, that plan sort of fell through. Awake and still asleep. My bones have dissolved-or so it would seem- they aren't holding me up too well. I feel like overnight my brain has slowly melted and evaporated in my head. I sometimes wonder if they'd open up my head if this is not the case. I know your brain doesn't have feelings (like nerve feelings, of course) but I feel certain I can feel the pressure of my brain against my head. I know that is swollen, like I maybe hit it a few too many times against the hard floor of a bathroom, or maybe just falling on carpet did the trick. Could it be bruised from those times I hit it on the glass table, a wall, a desk when I fainted?

My brain is drunk, stoned, buzzed, utterly wasted, out to lunch- whatever - and then decides to drive, which obviously doesn't work out too well in its favour. The brains a train wreck. I train wrecked.

Why is it always when I think I am going down the right road, I suddenly, violently, veer off course and start heading downhill again. Downhill fast. Is there no right path, no even road, no pristine walkway with lighted signs? No wonder my journey has taken so long, what with me taking two steps forward and then one back.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. Its so hard to force myself out of bed.
    O my gosh Nicole I have the EXACT same feeling on my brain. Its like a pressure and its so annoying. My mom said my brain is probably inflammed. I wouldnt doubt it.
    2 steps forward and 1 back is always better than 1 step forward and 3 back. Hang in there!
    -Sara Marie

    ReplyDelete