My blog moved!

I made the leap to Wordpress, another blog format :).
Follow along my journey at www.BiteMeBack.com
Thank you!

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Try on Some New Genes

Today was very different and very un-Lyme related! Oh boy!

We went to VGH to the Genetics department. I have known i have neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF for short), which is a genetic disorder and in my case a mutation since i was 2 or so. It doesn't really bother me, but possibly might be complicating the Lyme treatment.
They just asked a lot of questions and then poked me a little bit. About two-and-a-half-hour appointment, which is quite long for a doctor. The doctor, a lady was so nice, and very thorough. All and all not too bad of a day!

I still feel very sick. Somehow, if I had thought about it a year ago, I would have expected me to be much further along than I am. I would have expected to be practically all better, at the very least in less pain or walking or remembering things like old times. I couldn't have guessed how this year would have turned out.
I guess planning things is a bit of a superficial activity, because no matter how hard we try, we cannot prepare for the unexpected; we cannot outsmart change. I suppose I figured I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment