My blog moved!

I made the leap to Wordpress, another blog format :).
Follow along my journey at www.BiteMeBack.com
Thank you!

Monday, December 08, 2008

Wake Up Call

Like it is totally not cool when you have to wake up to the sweet serenade of a fire alarm. I mean NOT COOL! Okay, so it's 4:30 and basically I just turned out the light when the damn thing starts squawking. I swear it is like a bazillion decibels above the legal limit. Of course I screamed loud as hell, but it was SO loud I couldn't hear my scream, which obviously means it was KILLER loud. Did I mention it is about 23 F ( -5 C) out there!? I mean that is the point that blood freezes in the veins right? Maybe just my veins. So we pack on clothes and join the sleepy exodus from building 5. Just how I love to start the morning right? 

As far as I know, a false alarm. I think the building inhabitants have put a high price on the head of the idiot who pulled/triggered the alarm. Its not the first time this has happened either. 

The Tagaderm (I think its called that, and it basically is a clear band-aid) over my PICC line chose this morning of all mornings to act up. It basically came off my arm and exposed the puncture wound (I've decided its high time to call it what it is). So we packed off to get the dressing changed. Then library, bank. Blahblahblah

People STILL stare at me. To me it looks like there eyes are saying "OMG there goes the last 3 headed girl alive. You'll never see one of those again. Especially the kind with purple teeth and teal pupils and six toes." Seriously, they could stare a little harder. It's kinda starting to piss me off. 

And people who park in wheelchair parking spot who like could be football players, or ganstas, or just regular lazy asses. On the wheelchair spot sign it says that they prosecute people who don't have a sticker. Lies. The States could rescue the stock markets several times over with the parking fees collected on people who illegally park in those spots. If they were fined. Even the bloody postal worker was parked in the wheelchair spot. He was filling the mail slots in the doctors office building. I kindly inquired as to if he was disabled. And he kindly said he'd move his truck. "Oh sorry." 
And they think that covers the world. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nicoly,
    That must have been so frustrating!!! I can imagine how horrible that was to wake up to such a choatic mess. funny thing is- same thing happened to me about 4 years ago. We were at a hotel for a friends party and we were asleep and our wake up call was at 2:00am !! Someone had apparently backed up into the security gate while delivering supplies.... not the best driver obviously... we all laughed through our exhaustion...;D
    Hopefully it wasn't that terrible.
    I miss you tons and wish you the best of everything,
    love from natalie <3

    ReplyDelete