My blog moved!

I made the leap to Wordpress, another blog format :).
Follow along my journey at www.BiteMeBack.com
Thank you!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

To Fall and Get Up

I fell. 
Just now I thought I could walk to the bathroom myself, less than 6 yards away, versus get up, get into the chair and go. And then repeated in reverse. I got about a few steps and I got that hot feeling. Like you're embarrassed and you feel the heat creeping up your neck into your cheeks. The world looks like somebody stuck it in the blender and slowly swirled it up. I'm a small boat on a rough ocean, swaying, swaying, swaying into blackness. Until, I become aware that my body is against something rough, something very solid and I find myself even with the horizon. It takes a few heart beats until the pain kicks in.
I am in such intense pain that the slightest brush of a hand or a gentle hug makes me faint from agony. You can imagine how a fall from 5'7 and 3/4 would feel.
But you move on.
Or in my case you forget. Its so hard to hold a grudge these days, let me tell you...
But that's how you do it. You just keep picking yourself up off of the floor and moving along again. That's the only way to move is to move forward.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, I hope you are alright. I suppose there is some use for the short term memory loss. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete